Is the Fifth Seal God’s Judgment?
9 And when He broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained;
10 and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, wilt Thou refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”
11 And there was given to each of them a white robe; and they were told that they should rest for a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, should be completed also. (Revelation 6:9-11)
The pretribulationist claims that when each seal of the seven-sealed scroll is broken, God’s “end-time seal judgments” are presented. When I read about the fifth seal, it became abundantly clear that these martyrs could not be under judgment of God:
- The martyrs appear under the altar in heaven—a place that is open only to the redeemed in Christ (Revelation 6:9).
- The martyrs were slain because of the Word of God—this reason can only apply to the redeemed in Christ (Revelation 6:9).
- The martyrs were slain because of the testimony they had maintained—this reason can only apply to the redeemed in Christ (Revelation 6:9).
- The martyrs cried out to God to avenge their blood; if they were experiencing God’s judgments—they would not be crying out to God to judge their killers! (Revelation 6:10).
- The martyrs were given white robes—garments of the redeemed in Christ (Revelation 6:11).
Not one word is said about the fifth-seal martyrs that would qualify them for God’s end-time judgments. Instead, the appearance of the fifth-seal martyrs in Heaven demonstrates that at least through the fifth seal, God’s judgments have not begun. A much more extensive examination of the fifth seal is provided in chapter 12 of RAPTURE of the CHURCH: Bound for Heaven, BUT . . . All Christians should be aware of the events that will happen before the rapture, so that we remain faithful until our Lord calls us home. In the appendix of RAPTURE of the CHURCH: Bound for Heaven, BUT . . . more than 50 events are identified that must happen before the rapture and more than 55 events must happen before God begins His day of the Lord judgments.
Sharp Focus Ministries, LLC is not a ministry primarily designed to convert people to the Pre-Wrath rapture position. Instead, this ministry is dedicated to preparing Christians so that if we do see these end-time events happening, we will remain strong and faithful, knowing that God will not begin His judgments until after we are gathered at the rapture.